Conservation work performed by the Society
Indeed it does!
The Wildflower Society of WA (Inc) has a small Conservation sub-committee that considers conservation issues as they pertain to WA’s native flora.
It makes submissions and meets with government as well as interested parties as and when it can.
Links to copies of the more recent submissions are included here. Others will be added as they come to hand:
|Draft Cockburn Central West structure plan – initial expression of concerns, February 2013.||Click here to view|
|City of Armadale/transport – land/Forrestdale/WA/Keane Road strategic link, proposed construction central portion of Keane Road 2009/5035 – April 2013.||Click here to view|
|Appeal against granted clearing permit CPS 4636/1 – Sand extraction, Shire of Waroona – May 2013.||Click here to view|
|Appeal against the approval of the Mangles Bay marina – May 2013.||Click here to view|
|Tronox Management Pty Ltd/Mining/Swan Coastal Plain 175kms north of Perth/WA/Cooljarloo West Titanium Minerals mining Project (2013/6895) – June 2013.||Click here to view|
|Report and Recommendations of the Environmental Protection Authority Dongara Titanium Minerals Project Report 1478 June 2012 – June 2013.||Click here to view|
|Draft Cockburn Central West Structure Plan – letter submitted by the Murdoch Branch in July 2013.||Click here to view|
|RE: Section 57 Amendment (Minor) Metropolitan Region Scheme Amendment 1188/57 Wellard Urban Precinct East – August 2013.||Click here to view|
|Moore River – September 2013.||Click here to view|
|Roe Highway Extension PER submission – September 2013.||Click here to view|
|Roe Highway Extension appeal grounds – October 2013.||Click here to view|
|Indian Ocean Drive Planning Guideline – October 2013.||Click here to view|
|Application for clearing permit CPS 5896/1 Forrestdale – December 2013.||Click here to view||Comment on the Strategic Assessment for the Perth and Peel regions – January 2014.||Click here to view||Public Environmental Review (PER) for Keane Road Strategic Link Proposal by City of Armadale – February 2014.||Click here to view|
Earlier submissions made by the Conservation Sub-committee include:
- Appeal against EPA level of assessment 'not assessed' Proposal by Clinipath Pathology for Lot 1194 Bedbrook Place, Shenton Park. 14 March 2011.
- Management Plan for Esperance Coastal Reserves: Issues Paper, 30 March 2007. 17 April 2011.
- Appeal Report and Recommendations of the EPA Parker Range (Mount Caudan) Iron Ore Project Report 1410. 6 August 2011.
- Appeal Report and Recommendations of the Environmental Protection Authority; Yilgarn Operations Deception Deposit Report 1426. 22 January 2012.
- Appeal level of Assessment: Not assessed-No Advice Given, Fire mitigation strategies- track upgrading and chaining Great Western Woodlands Shires of Esperance, Ravensthorpe, Dundas, Kondinin, Yilgarn and Coolgardie. 6 February 2012.
- Submission Gateway WA Perth Airport and Freight Access Project, Public Environmental Review, under EPBC Act 1999. 5 April 2012.
- Mangles Bay Marina Based Tourist Precinct Public Environmental Review, Prepared for Cedar Woods Properties Ltd by Strategen, Feb 2012. 23 April 2012.
- Notes from meeting with office of the Appeals Convenor, The Forrest Centre, Perth, 5 June 2012.
- Dongara Titanium Minerals Project Assessment 1698, 17th June 2012.
- Access Track to Nelson Location 7965 (Sandy Peak) Doggerup Road, Shire of Manjimup; PER Assessment No 1836 (30 August 2012).
- Proposed revised outline development plan "Moore River South" – April 2012.
- The Secretary, The Senate Standing Committee on Environment and Communications. Re: inquiry into the effectiveness of threatened species and ecological communities’ protection in Australia – December 2012.