Due to your incredible responses and tremendous enthusiasm for the whip making courses, it is looking good for several courses to be run during the June / July period for the Full 5 day whip making course and I'll try and do a couple of 2 day weekender modified kit courses.
Locations are still not set, but I hope to settle specific locations within the next few weeks. To date, over 180 inquiries have been made and below I have listed a representation graphic of the ratio for geographic areas.
As can be seen from the map, the areas of NEW YORK, CALIFORNIA and TEXAS have the greatest representation. While this will not suit every one it is a good start to state that all three of these areas are under consideration for a full whip making course each. I would like to cater for the other areas in someway so it would be advisable for those people to contact me as soon as is possible about this.
It is important that people interested in courses at these locations start suggesting specific cities/towns/areas as I would like to investigate and confirm locations soon.
Venue suggestions thus far have been sparse, NOW is the time to contact me regarding suggestions. As mentioned in previous postings, it would be ideal to have camping ground available that has good accommodation facilities and an indoor area for all of us to fit comfortably, it should also be close to a town (with a good pub !). You may have a much better suggestion.
will be available in two forms:
(Kit consists of a pre made belly, 12 strand "Set", fall and all necessary components to fully complete an Indy Cobra)
1. Learn how to work with Bark tanned Kangaroo leather
2. The "Belly" - How it is made and why.
3. Plaiting the outer 12 strand body learning and using both the "drop strand" and "tapered strand" method of plaiting a whip.
4. Attaching a "Fall" and fall design/purpose.
5. Rolling a whip after plaiting.
6. "Turks Head" knots - both internal and terminal.
7. Crackers and their attachment, influences and design.
8. Breaking in a new whip.
9. Basic Whip cracking.
10. Care for whips - Soaps and oils
2. One license to make an "Indy Cobra" from kit form.
3. Full course notes and instructions.
4. Email/Fax/Phone support for 12 months
5. Exclusive access to purchase the "Indy Cobra" kit and license.
"Modified Whip Making Course" - $US485 (not including accommodation). Two day course over a weekend and all leather, instructions and use of any special tools are included.
Regards and Happy Crack'n
|Bullwhips||Snakewhips||Stockwhips||Otherwhips||Make your own||Whip Kits||Whip Culture|
|Work Shop||Spare Parts||Supply Status||Order Info||Whip Cracking||Buying a Whip|
|This sites FAQ|
|Kangaroo Leather||Kangaroo leather Lace||Plaiting Projects||Leather Craft Books|
|Boomerangs||Plaited Belts||Plaited Hat Bands||Home||Fishy!|
Copyright©1996,1997,1998 - Matt Welsby. Last changes June 1998