General Procedure for Withdrawals and Substitutions
Suppose B repaces A after 10 rounds of a 15 round event called PLACE. To correctly compute ratings, three tournament files are needed.
These are PLACE.tou, the tournament file for the whole event carrying Player A's name, PLACE10.tou containing the first 10 rounds and Player A's name, and PLACE5.tou
containing the last five rounds and Player B's name.
Follow the instructions within TOUSPLIT.EXE to produce PLACE10.tou and PLACE5.tou.
Now take the following steps:
- Back up Rating.dat
- Run ratings programme for PLACE.tou in the main directory with A playing
- Run PLACE.tou in a separate directory with Player A's name overtyped with Player B. This determines the correct ratings for the five players who played B instead of A.
- Restore the Rating.dat in the separate directory from the Backup
- Run Place10.tou in the separate directory to determine the final rating for Player A
- Repeat Step 4
- Run PLACE5.tou in the separate directory to determine the final rating for Player B
- Amend Rating.dat in the main rating directory for the five players who played B instead of A, as well as Players A and B. Be sure to replace each player in their correct position
within rating.dat. Note that players with equal ratings are sorted by number of games.
- Amend number of games for Players A and B