NetFinder is released as shareware. You are allowed to use it for one month on a trial basis. If you decide to keep it after this trial period, you are obliged to register your copy/copies by sending in the registration form and the registration fee. When confirmation of your payment has been received, you will be sent a registration letter (preferably by email since it is much faster than "snail" mail) which will tell you how to register your copy of NetFinder. You may not distribute the registration letter or registered versions.
"Why should I register?" NetFinder is the result of a lot of hard work and long hours. If you like it and wish to continue using it, please support the shareware system of software distribution by registering your copy/copies. We will be rewarded for our efforts and will be encouraged by your support to produce better versions (more features, bug fixes, etc.).
"How do I register?" To register NetFinder, you have the choices of registering via the World Wide Web or via e-mail or via snail-mail.
o Via the WWW: you can register via the World Wide Web only if you are paying by credit card. For extra security, there are secure web pages available. To register via the World Wide Web, go to any of these addresses:
o Via snail-mail: if you are paying by cheque/check or postal money order or cash or in a non-US dollar currency, you will have to register via snail-mail. To register via snail-mail:
The price is US$35 per copy if you are a first time buyer. US$15 for upgrades from v1.x to 2.x.
Students only pay US$15, BUT they can only register via snail mail AND they MUST provide some form of student identification for the current year.
Student upgrades are FREE, BUT they must send via snail mail some form of student identification for the current year.
TIP: NetFinder may have an introductory offer or it may be on special (eg Christmas Special), in which case you should always check the web site order.kagi.com for the current price.
NOTE: There is a discount for bulk purchases, see below.
Site Licensing:if you wish to site license NetFinder, you can do so by entering how many copies you wish to license in the Registration Form dialog in the program: run NetFinder, select "Fill in Registration Form..." from the Register menu, fill in your site details, click "To Next Page", and at the top of the second page of the dialog, enter the number of copies you wish to register. Note that 1000 or more copies are considered an "unlimited site license". The formula for the price is:
* first two copies at full price
* then next eight copies at 80% of the full price
* then next ten copies at 60% of the full price
* then next 30 copies at 50% of the full price
* then next 50 copies at 40% of the full price
* then next 400 copies at 30% of the full price
* then next 500 copies at 20% of the full price
Site License Price via Kagi Online Registration:
- Less than 50 user site license, $390
- Greater than 50 user site license (unlimited), $990
You are allowed to distribute NetFinder but only if it is unaltered and in its entirety. You may not modify or edit or change any program or included file in the distribution. You must distribute only the latest version - see our web pages for information about the latest version.
This software is provided on an "AS IS" basis, without warranty of any kind. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of this software is borne by you.
After you register, you may:
* use this software only on the licensed number of computers;
After you register, you may not:
* distribute registration codes or registration information in any way, shape or form;
* use more than the licensed number of copies at any one time;
* modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction), or create derivative works based on this software;
* remove any proprietary notices or labels on this software.