This page was created 26 July1998 & was last updated 31 March 2007 and now remains here an archived resource
|Anne MC MORRAN||William MC MORRAN||Jane||C: 8 Jul 1798||Clones, Monaghan|
|Anne Jane MC MORAN||William MC MORAN||Elizabeth ELLIOTT||C: 12 Sep 1828||Clones, Monaghan|
|Anne Jane MC MORAN||William MC MORAN||Jane||C: 18 Feb 1832||Eglish Parish, Armagh|
|Davison MC MORAN||William MC MORAN||Jane||C: 13 Dec 1835||Eglish Parish, Armagh|
|Ellen MC MORAN||William MC MORAN||Elizabeth ELLIOTT||C: 12 Sep 1828||Clones, Monaghan|
|Eleanor MC MORAN||William MC MORAN||Jane||C: Oct 1830||Eglish Parish, Armagh|
|James MCMORRAN||William MCMORRAN||Elen||C: 30 Nov 1833||Newtownards Circuit, Down|
|Martha MC MORRAN||Robt MC MORRAN||Martha||C: May 1818||Eglish Parish, Armagh|
|Mary MC MORAN||Robt MC MORAN||Mary||C: 28 Sep 1816||Eglish Parish, Armagh|
|Mary MC MORRAN||Joseph MC MORRAN||Mary CLOAS||C: 13 Nov 1822||Carrickfergus, Antrim|
|Mary MCMORRAN||James MCMORRAN||Eliza MCKEAG||B: 27 Sep 1864||Comber, Down|
|Mary Eliza MCMORRAN||Henry MCMORRAN||Eliza CLARK||B: 1 May 1864||Comber, Down|
|Robert MC MORAN||William MC MORAN||Jane||C: 22 Jun 1834||Eglish Parish, Armagh|
|Samuel MCMORRAN||Hugh MCMORRAN||Selina AICKEN||B: 5 Dec 1866||Comber, Down|
|Anne MC MORRAN||Thomas DUFF||M: 15 Jan 1824||Eglish Parish, Armagh|
|Ann MCMORRAN||James FRASER||M: 25 Dec 1845||Belfast, Antrim|
|George MC MORAN||Sarah DONALDSON||M: 17 Mar 1869||Donagh, Monaghan|
|John MC MORRAN||Elizabeth HOLMES||M: 14 Sep 1821||Eglish Parish, Armagh|
|Mary MCMORRAN||William Delap WATT||M: 20 Aug 1863||Comber, Down|
|Sarah MC MORREN||John BROWN||M: 13 Jul 1850||Newtown Ards, Down|
|Thomas MC MORRAN||Ruth CARR||M: 29 Nov 1849||Tullylish, Down|
|William MC MORRAN||Eliza PRINGLE||M: 11 Dec 1785||Downpatrick, Down|
|William MC MORAN||Jane ARCHDALL||M: 27 Nov 1829||Eglish Parish, Armagh|
|William MC MORAN||Margaret BLEAKLY||M: 12 Nov 1833||Clones, Monaghan|
|William MCMORRIN||Margaret BLACKWOOD||M: 4 Mar 1846||Templecorran, Antrim|
1. ROBERT McMORAN b. Dumfries, Scotland, m. ELLEN DRAFFIN,
2. i DAVID McMORAN b. 1812.
2. DAVID McMORAN b. 1812, Talleymore, Armagh, Ireland,
m. ANN GILMAN, b. 1818, Crossmaglen, Armagh, Ireland.
3. i ROBERT GEORGE McMORAN b. 1838.
ii JOHN McMORAN 2 FEB 1840, Eglish Parish, Armagh, Ireland.
3. ROBERT GEORGE McMORAN b. 1838, Dublin, 14 JUN
1838, Eglish Parish, Armagh, Ireland, m. 25 OCT 1866, MARY ARCHER, b. 1838,
Manchester, England, d. 23 NOV 1924, buried: Sundance, Wyoming. ROBERT
buried: Sundance, Wyoming.
i ANNA CECILIA McMORAN b. 8 JAN 1868, Greene, Chenango County, NY, m. WILLIAM HENRY MILLER, b. 16 DEC 1862, d. 30 OCT 1903. ANNA died 1 APR 1951.
ii FREDERICK ARCHER McMORAN b. 22 SEP 1869, Greene, Chenango County, NY, m. LILLA ADELIA RANDALL, b. 21 DEC 1866, Blewheim Ontario, Canada, d. 26 DEC 1956. FREDERICK died 8 NOV 1943.
iii DAVID GILMORE McMORAN b. 20 APR 1873, Greene, Chenango County, NY, m. 8 OCT 1901, in Crook, Wyoming, MARY ELLEN ROARK, b. 9 MAR 1881, Des Moines, Iowa, d. 16 ARP 1950. DAVID died 28 AUG 1934.
iv WALTER EUGENE McMORAN b. 10 SEP 1875, Cazenovia, Madison County, NY, m. 15 OCT 1901, in Weston, Wyoming, KATE SCOFIELD, b. 26 JUN 1883, Little Sioux, Harrison County, Iowa. WALTER died 10 FEB 1953, Denver, CO.
v WILLIAM JAMES McMORAN b. 14 DEC 1877, Cazenovia, Madison County, NY, m. ALICE HENDERSON, b. 30 AUG 1880, Postville, Iowa. WILLIAM died 13 JUN 1943..
Thanks to Bill Parsons firstname.lastname@example.org
for the above info. Bill is the grandson of 3(iv). A further
generation of this family can be found on The
McMORANs of the USA website.
2. ANN JANE McMORRAN bap. 18 FEB 1832, Eglish Parish, Co. Armagh, d. 1896, Cranborne, Victoria, m. 16 DEC 1853, Ballarat, Victoria, ALEXANDER McMORRAN bap. 1823, Co. Monaghan, d. 21 OCT 1911, Cranborne, VIC (son of JOHN McMORRAN and ELIZABETH McKAY). Emigrated from Ireland to the Ballarat goldfields in Victoria, Australia departing Liverpool 3 Nov 1852 aboard the "Athlone" and arriving in Melbourne 1853.
3. ELEANOR/ELINOR McMORRAN bap. OCT 1830, Eglish Parish, Co. Armagh, d. 24 JAN 1886, Ballarat, VIC, m. 23 MAR 1848, Armagh, WILLIAM TWYFORD d. 26 MAY 1874, Belfast, Ireland (son of THOMAS TWYFORD and MARTHA GIBSON). Eleanor left her husband in Ireland taking their four children with her. She followed her younger sister Jane and emigrated to the goldfields of Victoria, Australia aboard the "Commodore Perry" departing from Liverpool and arriving in Melbourne 8 Dec 1861. Elinor left her children in the care of her sister, never to see them again.
The above family is undoubtedly
connected with the other McMorans/McMorrans of the Eglish region listed
in the table below. Bryan Twyford email@example.com
(who kindly supplied some of the information here and welcomes correspondence
on the family) states "The McMorrans most likely came to this region of
Ireland in the Ulster Plantation during the 17th century." In the early
17th century 1000 acre tracts of land were each granted around Armagh to
Sir Claud Hamilton of Creichness and Henry Acheson of Gosford, Haddingtonshire
whose brother Sir Archebald Acheson was Secretary of State for Scotland.
Henry Acheson purchased a further 2000 acres from Sir James Douglas in
1611. Archibald built Gosford Castle in 1617 at Cloncarney on the Douglas
lands which had passed to him. He married, first, Agnes Vernor of Edinburgh,
and second, Margaret, daughter and heiress of the Hon. Sir John Hamilton,
second son of Claud, 1st Lord Paisley. The Hearth rolls of 1669 show the
McMorrans owned at least two small holdings (usually of around 30 acres)
near the boundaries of the Acheson estate.
WILLIAM McMORAN b.c. 1814, m. CATHERINE
i GEORGE McMORAN b. at Sea.
ii JAMES McMORAN b.c. 1845.
iii JOHN McMORAN b.c. 1842.
iv WILLIAM McMORAN b.c. 1844.
Family emigrated from Belfast to
New York aboard the "Philah" arriving 21 July 1848.
JAMES MURRAY m. ANN McMORAN
1. i. WILLIAM MALCOLM ORR MURRAY b. 1831, East Kilbride, Scotland.
1. WILLIAM MALCOLM ORR MURRAY b. 1831, East Kilbride, Scotland, m. 1853, Newtownards, Ireland, SARAH SCOTT b. 1832, Ballereen, Co. Down, d. 16 JUL 1916, Pine Creek, QLD. William d. 13 DEC 1906, Canungra, QLD.
Marcel Safier, P.O. Box 239, Holland Park 4121, Queensland, Australia, firstname.lastname@example.org