The Leady Eccentric Cup Chuck
The Leady Eccentric Cup Chuck allows easy, repeatable eccentric turning. Unlike other eccentric chucks, the Leady Eccentric Cup Chuck has 6 locking positions to allow a previous offset angle to be accurately restored for reworking previous turning.
The wood is held by means of a die on the chuck. Simply turn a tenon to the correct diameter and length using the tenon sizing gauge supplied with the chuck and screw into the chuck.
To turn a piece;
- Hold the blank between centres or in a jaw chuck
- Turn the tenon using the tenon sizing gauge
- Set the offset angle by means of a single allen screw (allen key supplied)
- Mount the Leady Eccentric Cup Chuck on the lathe spindle
- Screw the piece into the chuck
- Turn the first section of the piece
- Remove the chuck from the spindle and set a new offset angle
- Replace the chuck on the lathe and continue the turning
6 indexed positions are provided, including a straight position allowing the Leady Eccentric Cup Chuck to be used as a normal cup chuck for conventional turning or to turn a straight section in an eccentric piece.
As the die effectively cuts a screw thread on the tenon, the piece may be removed and later replaced with accurate alignment assured.