The Leady Ball Cutter
(Click the image for a larger view)
The Leady Ball Cutter is a simple swinging tool holder to mount in your tool rest.
- Mount the Ball Cutter in your tool rest and align the centre of the swing axis with the middle of the ball to be cut.
- Mount your tool in the Ball Cutter and adjust the height of the Ball Cutter until the tip of the tool is on the centre line of the lathe.
- Adjust the tool position until it will just take a cut from the outer corners of the turning blank.
- Swing the Ball Cutter to the back of the blank, start the lathe and take a full pass round the turning blank.
- Stop the lathe and move the tool slightly forwards.
- Start the lathe and take another cut.
- Continue moving the tool forwards in the Ball Cutter and taking a cut until the desired ball has been cut.
For further information regarding the Leady Ball Cutter, contact
59 Turton Avenue
Telephone: (61 2) 9718 5395