FED - 2 camera restoration
This section is about disassembling the FED-2 camera and making adjustments to improve its performance.
Most FED-s will usually benefit from outside, as well as, inside cleaning - if you do it with care,
that is. If you like, you can rework and/or repaint some of its parts to bring it back to near new condition.
An old FED-2 certainly lends itself to do-it-yourself enhancements giving many enjoyable hours to hobbyists.
Topics I cover:
- top cover removal
- removal of the shutter curtain housing (in preparation)
- the replacement of the shutter curtains (in preparation)
- cleaning and adjusting the rangefinder (in preparation)
- restoring a faulty standard lens (in preparation)
- adjusting the focus after lens repair (in preparation)