Return to home page
TEST 135 - MALE
Here is the Natal Chart of a man born 21 Oct 1958 in Detroit, Michigan. He is a civil servant, single, no children, both parents living. He invests in real estate as a sideline.
The Test question is – Which of the following events occurred in his life at Ann Arbor, Michigan (42N17 83W45) on 19 January 2004?
- He was promoted in his job.
- He made a considerable sum in a shares transaction.
- He enjoyed a brief but exciting love affair.
- He started a world tour.
- He had a kidney transplant.
These Monthly Tests appear on this Website on the 1st of each month. They are designed to increase astrological insight and skill. They are open to every astrologer. No costs are involved and no registration is required. The answer to this Test will be posted to this Instalment 45 of the Website on 15 August.
Any correct submissions received by me not later than 13 August
will also be printed provided they include the astrological basis for the answer given.
Most profit is gained from the exercise if you take the trouble to type out your answer and your reason. You can use any astrological technique, or several if you wish, but in that case just include the most important one. A series of techniques all giving the same answer do not increase its validity and if your answer is wrong the extra “support” is of no avail.
Email me at:
He had a kidney transplant, donated by his brother.
There are several Charts from which the answer can be deduced. Here are two of them – the Harmonic Chart for the date of the operation and the Solar Month Chart. The latter is precessed (for best indications) and set for the location of the surgery (Ann Arbor, Michigan). Harmonic Charts are drawn for the place of birth and are never precessed. The notes below the Charts draw attention to the most significant factors.
The most significant feature is Pluto (replacement of body parts) conjunct the floating MC and in a Yod with Mars (surgery) and Saturn ruling the 6th House (illness). The Moon in Scorpio is square Saturn and rules the 12th House (hospitalization). Venus (kidneys) is trine to the Sun, Ruler of the Ascendant. The kidney was donated by his brother – Venus ruling the 3rd House.
The Moon conjoins Pluto (replacement of body parts) and trines Mars (surgery). Jupiter, ruling the 6th House, conjoins the POF (good fortune) and rules the 3rd (brothers), Mercury ruling the 12th House (hospitals) is sextile Venus ruling the Ascendant. The strength of these indications rules out the option of a love affair (Venus and Uranus in the 5th House).
Correct Responses from Participants
Twenty astrologers sent e-mail answers. My congratulations to all who attempted this Test. Nine were correct. Here they are, as received:
Madhu Nair (India):
The subject was passing through the major period of Saturn & sub period of Venus.
Saturn was placed in Scorpio, the 8th Rasi of the natural zodiac, that stands for uro-genital organs.
Saturn is in 12H of hospitalisation and deposes for Mars tenanting 6H of illness.
The subperiod ruler Venus rules kidneys and is very weak by being in Rasi Sandhi (past 29* ) of Vi and is in degree conjunction with North Node showing some catastrophe.
On the given date, the sub period ruler Venus was opposing NPluto of life changing events.
Based on all the above factors, I go for option no (5) He had a kidney transplant.
Françoise Mechri (France):
aya Lahiri AS 26°25 Sagittarius / Moon 0°32 Aquarius. 19 january 2004 Dasha Saturn / buhkti Venus. Venus lord XI in X in natal : Combust in Fall in old age and afflicted exactly by Rahu
Venus can represent kidney because conjoins Sun (health ,SG vitality) Mars (SG vitality) in House VI( represent kidney) in natal and MEP VI is afflicted by Rahu.
He had a kidney transplant.
Helen Bowering Australia):
Using the Age Harmonic Chart for an age of 45.24669, I think he had a kidney transplant.
- The dominant aspect is the Yod with Pluto (replacement of body parts) as the focal point.
The Moon squaring Saturn is also important.
- Pluto is further emphasised by its conjunction with the "floating" MC on the cusp of the 12th House of Hospitals.
- The other arms of the yod are Mars (Surgery) and Saturn in the 6th and ruling the 6th (Health/Ill health) and 7th (kidneys).
- Moon rules 12th.
- Both are very close to the angles, with Saturn opposing the Ascendant (the physical body).
Nicole Sharp (Australia):
The Harmonic chart of the 19 Jan 2004 seems to show a removal of organs with a square between Saturn in 6th and ruling the 6th, and Moon in 3rd removals in Scorpio (surgery) ruling the 12th of hospitalisation. MC and Pluto on the Cusp of the 12th as well, yet that chart had Leo on the Ascendant and no Aspect of close relevance to the Sun, although it was in Taurus, ruled by Venus (kidneys), but no close Aspect from Venus.
- 03Jan2004 - Stationery T Jupiter in natal 8th square n. Saturn in 11th (Saturn rules the native) - A challenging event to do with the native, possibly surgery.
- 19Jan2004 - Solar Month Chart - Venus rules ASC, 8th and 12th Houses ruled by Venus (kidneys).
- closest Aspect is Venus semi-square Mars (surgery) in its own Sign in the 6th House, Mars rules 6th House of ill health.
- Venus is in the 5th House of the upper back trining EqA in Scorpio in 1st House sextiling Mercury (two) in the 3rd House of removals.
- Vertex ruled by Venus trines the Sun from 8th House of surgery to the 3/4th House cusp indicating a success.
- Mars trines Pluto with the moon indicating a successful surgery, as Pluto and the Moon are in Sagittarius with the ruler Jupiter closely conjunct to Part of Fortune.
- Jupiter trines the N.Node in 7th – a lucky gain through association from another person.
My answer . He received a kidney transplant.
I am using Vedic Astrology , Vimshottary , Lahiri Ayanamsha.
On Jan 19 2004 the dasha running was saturn venus mars . representing 12 2 3
/ 10 11 6 /6 12 5
The common Houses for linking the dasas are 12 + 6 +12 thus an operation is indicated.
Irene Knudsen (Germany):
A kidney tranplant. First, he is disposed to kidney problems: Halfsum Moon = Venus/ Saturn (Ebertin ),
Libra and Scorpio elevated and Sun and Venus in Libra.
- His transits on this day:
Transits to Halfsums :
- Uranus square Mars ( operation )
- Pluto conjunct Saturn, (Ruler of his AZ and co-ruler of the 12. House) loss.
- Mars square his AS.
- Transit Saturn through the 6. House, health problems?
- Saturn conjunct Mars/Uranus ( operation/ amputation/ skin cut )
- Neptune opposition Venus/ Mars ( intestin/kidneys )
- MC. 135 degrees to Uranus in the 7. House
- Uranus ruler of the 2. House ( body ) and co -ruler of the AZ (health center)
- Pluto square Ascendant = attack on his health center, a very difficult Solar Arc.
- Merkur 45 degrees to Jupiter ( Merkur = ruler of the 6. and 8. House, Jupiter = ruler of the 12. House
- Many quicunxes = Moon/Merkur, Moon/Jupiter , Mars/Chiron (healthproblems)
- MC square Sun/Pluto (operation)
- Pluto conjunct Venus/Mars ( kidneys/intestine)
- Pluto conjunct Saturn/Uranus (operation, resection)
- Moon square Mars/ Uranus ( injury )
- Uranus conjunct Sun/Pluto ( tumour ).
And much more.
P, Karthikaeya Narayanan:
He had a kidney transplant. Reason:
- The vimshottari dasa lord saturn owns 1st(body) and 12th houses(hospitalization) from moon. Bhukthi lord venus is placed in 8th house(surgery) from Moon.
- According to Varsha dasa(Annual horoscopy), the native was running Moon/Moon period on that date. Moon owns 6th and 8th houses from Moon and Ascendant.
Khas Khas (India):
He had a kidney Transplant.
- Ascendant of the native promises the event. 8th and 9th also signify the same.
- DBASP at the time of event is Mars-Mer-Mer-Sun-Sat/me-ke-ve which also supports the event.
- Sun was transiting in Venus sign in the Star of Mars,
- Moon was transiting in Sat sign in the star of Moon and Jupiter also Venus sign.
- Sun Sooksma which has PS becomes source of 9th (transplant) with star of Sun in ASC, 9th and 8th with its Sub Lord in 7th which denotes part removed.
- Sun, Moon and Jupiter transit also supports the same.
Awadhesh Pauranik (India):
- In the Horoscope Ascendant 10 in first House.
- Vimshittari Mahadasha started from 12 January 2004
- Saturn is in 11th House in success.
- Mercury is a lord of 6th House and occupant in 10th and Jupiter conjoined with Mercury and 8th lord Sun.Ketu in star of Mercury which causes the surgical operation.
- 7th lord Moon is in the ascendant saturn sign.
He has a long life due to blessings of his father, represented by Sun.
Another Test will be posted to this Website on 1st September.
Return to home page