THATCHER, INSPECTOR MARGARET
[NOTE: Ray's nickname for her is 'The Dragon Lady'. Fraser always calls her Inspector (although once called her 'Ma'am'), while other people who have known from the Ottawa days sometimes call her Margaret or Meg.]
- AGE: Early-to-mid 30's
- HEIGHT: Approximately 5'6"
- WEIGHT: Approximately 115 lbs. (a guess)
- HAIR: Brown
- EYES: Brown
- YEARS ON FORCE (RCMP): We can assume at least a decade to have risen to her current position.
- FAMILY: We've heard about her father, but we don't know if he's alive or dead. No mention of siblings, previous marriages, or children.
- LOVE LIFE: No former boyfriends mentioned; is currently interested in Fraser but doesn't know how to deal with the situation (neither does he).
- FRIENDS: Have not seen any while she's been in Chicago, yet she does have friends in the RCMP, mostly Ottawa.
- RELIGION: None mentioned.
- HOME: None mentioned.
- INJURIES: None mentioned.
- ATTIRE: Wears short dresses; seen twice in red serge uniform.
- Wears glasses for reading.
- Once had a pet daschund; it's deceased.
- Has sentimental attachment to garnet broach.
- Spent some time in Paris modeling when she was younger.
- Exhibited jealously when Anita Cortez and Ida Banks paid attention to Fraser.
- Was victim of sexual harrassment from Henri Cloutier.
- Can throw 1.3 ERA (baseball).
- Carries cellphone.
- A superior (inspector) from Moosejaw was very important to her, more so than her own father.
- Has similar background, workwise, to Fraser.
- Knows semaphore.
Back to the Character Archive