This page contains a photograph which is one of several belonging to the photo gallery pages which are part of several pages relating to
the invention of the world's first automatic totalizator in 1913 and Automatic Totalisators, the company founded to develop, manufacture and export these systems.
This image shows the sort of crowds that the electro mechanical systems had to contend with.It is of the Wellington Racing Club's Trentham Racecourse. The writing on the back of the photograph reads: Wgton Racing Club 1st day Spring Meeting Oct. 1936. New Totalisator.
Click on the image to go back to the Photo Gallery